Trips away from camp are an important part of the enriching camp experience at Eagle Hill.
During the summer, all age groups enjoy a night out for ice cream at “Holy Cow,” Red Hook’s famous ice cream parlor. In addition to this highly anticipated outing, Thursdays are trip days at Eagle Hill. Campers look forward to trips to water parks and other places like Howe Caverns, Great Escape Amusement Park, Lake Taghkanic or Bash Bish Falls. When it’s raining, we shift gears and go bowling, roller-skating or to the movies.
Extended Trips for Seniors
During the August Session, our teens (7th and 8th grader campers) take a three-day trip each summer to either Boston or Philadelphia while seniors (9th grade campers) and CITs (10th grade campers) take an exciting 7 day trip through Canada or to Baltimore, Virginia and Washington, DC.
As an older camper, you can have the best of both worlds by experiencing our Senior trip and then a final farewell to your camper days as a CIT. We will take you first as a senior on one of our tours and then a completely separate tour with us as a CIT” Both trips travel in comfortable chartered vehicles with stays at quality hotels.
Here’s an overview of our tours:
Our Canadian Tour
On this tour, we’ll travel into Canada, stop at Niagara Falls, make a stop in Pennsylvania and Western New York State and make our way back to summer camp.
- A tour of Cornell University
- A stop outside of Montreal at the Mont Tremblant Resort
- A full tour of Toronto including the Hockey Hall of Fame and Toronto’s Amusement Park, the Paramount, Canada’s Wonderland, the Skydome (with possibly a Blue Jays baseball game) and of course, lots of shopping and a visit to the famous Queen Street
- A day in Quebec City
- Some white water rafting and some hiking
- A day at Niagara Falls
- A few days in Cleveland which will include stops at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and the famous Cedar Point Amusement Park
Our Southern U.S. Tour
A trip “down south” to experience our nation’s capital.
- A tour of Georgetown University
- A visit to the National Aquarium
- A day in Baltimore visiting the Inner harbor, Camden Yards (with possibly an Oriole’s baseball game) and of course, lots of shopping
- A tour of Colonial Williamsburg
- A day at Busch Gardens
- A day at Virginia Beach
- A few days in Washington D.C. which will include stops at the U.S. National Archives, Holocaust Memorial, Vietnam memorial, Lincoln Monument and more
These trips are designed carefully to balance educational experiences with sightseeing and all out fun to ensure that they provide something for every one of our campers to enjoy during their time away from Eagle Hill.